1. Write a sed script that changes the file
in this web site download it first over the web so that it is complete, using the wget utility. I use Server Side Includes so the web server is putting the file together we will go over that soon when you make a web page.
Your sed script will change the following:
Run man wget to see how to use wget.
These get both the outline and the cascading stylesheet.
There is embedded html in there so you need to look at the source to figure
out what regex to use and you need to replace the html tags.
Classroom and Online Sections:
- Changes my first name to your name, regardless of whether or not it is Sean
- Changes my last name to your last name, (Mauney or mauney)
- Changes "smauney at parkland.edu" to your e-mail address
- Changes "smauney" to your NetID
- Gets rid of the string 'CSC128: Outline Spring 17' and places '[Your Name]' in there
- changes 'Links, Reading, Class Overview:' to 'Assignments this week:'
- gets rid of all of the bold tags <b> and </b> and their associated brackets
- Writes out another file automatically called donefile.html into the current
I will correct this in class for the classroom section both sections be sure that the file is viewable by me and is in your bin and named [username]_mywebpage.sed,
I will run it on my outline.shtml. Be sure to run it and output it somewhere into your public_html so that you can see if all the formatting worked by looking at the file through the web.
Place your sedscript in a file named ~/bin/[username]_mywebpage.sed . I will get
it from there and correct it and view your donefile.html web page.